Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dodging a snow bullet

It been a cold, snowy winter. Even here on Cape Cod. We got more snow last night and the forecast was for us to get up to 14 inches. But we were fortunate this time and only got 5 -6 inches. But the next town,Sandwich, did get 15 inches. That's only about 15 miles from here. Also, the forecast was for very high winds and that usually means we will lose power but the winds were also not nearly as bad as was forecast. So, today dawned and the sky was clear and the sun bright. It was beautiful so a took a few pictures.

The top picture show the two maple trees in our front yard and our neighbor's trees in the background. The snow came from the north and you can see that direction on the trunks of the trees because that's where the snow stuck. But aren't the limbs of the trees beautiful? There especially nice with the sun shining so brightly.The second picture looks down the main road that runs in front of our house. Even as clear as the read is, there is no traffic because lots of people haven't dug out of their own driveways yet. One of my pet peeves is that the reason is that the snow plows throw so much of the snow and ice from the road onto our driveways. That is always the hardest part of shoveling - the final 10 - 15 feet where the plows throw the heavy, water-laden snow.

The final picture is a nice view through the low hanging branches to the front of our house. I really love our house. It's so cozy and comfortable. But it wouldn't mean anything without my wonderful family inside. I am blessed by God to have such a terrific family. And to think that I wasn't able to even have hopes of getting married until after I was 40 years old. I am one of those guys who never had a clue about what women were looking for in a man. I fell for all the wrong women and seemed to be trying too hard, I guess. But when I met my wife, I didn't have to try to figure out how to act. It just came naturally. I didn't get nervous about our dates and she is always so easy to talk with. So, at 42 years old, I finally got married. It's been the happiest, most peaceful, most fulfilling 20 years I could imagine.

To see these pictures in a larger size, just click on them.

No comments: