Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One of my favorite pictures

The picture at the right is one of the favorite pictures I've taken of wildlife. And what always amazes me is how my best pictures seem to be accidents. I guess that's what makes the difference between an amateur like me and a professional photographer. I took a number of pictures of this Black Capped Chickadee and wasn't really aware of his position. I was just trying to get the lighting and the focus right. Notice the way he is stretched out along the branch as he looks for food. He seems to be an extension of the branch. The color of his back is similar to the color of the branch but his black cap and white cheeks make him stand out. The lighting, too, was luck. It almost looks like a painting. I could imagine a Japanese water color looking like this. You're welcome to this photo if you like it. Just click on the image to show it in its original dimensions. Then you can right-click on it and select the "Save Image As..." to download it to your computer.

No comments: