Friday, June 04, 2010

The NeXT T-shirt

As I mentioned last time, I wasn't sure the T-shirt I got when I went to the NeXT Computer programming classes (mentioned here) was still around. But I thought I'd given it to my son Evan. Sure enough, when I got home last night and asked him about it, he knew right away that he still had it. I wondered if he'd still be able to fit in it since he's grown so much over the last year.

This morning, he gave me a big surprise by coming down in the shirt. He can still fit in it - but not much longer. He's only 13 years old (he'll be 14 next month) and is already over six feet tall! I didn't reach that height until I was 15 or 16. He has just shot up over the last year. I think he's actually close to six feet two inches which is as tall as I am now. I guess he's going to be much taller than me when he's done growing.

I didn't notice the angel seemingly on Evan's shoulder when I took this picture. In Matthew 18:10, Jesus says that children have angels in Heaven who are in the presence of God himself. So, Evan's angel seems to be interested helping him grow. Not only his height but also his feet. We tried to get new shoes for him this week-end but we couldn't find the right size. He is already a size larger than my feet.

3 comments:

Evan said...

I am Six two. And thanks for the cool T-shirt Dad.

Cindy said...

Too bad his feet are hard to find shoes for.

Daisy7777 said...

yeah to bad.
Daisy7777