Monday, June 07, 2010

Star Trek shirt

Speaking of T-shirts, here's a picture of me (taken by my son Evan) in the Star Trek shirt my family bought me. They saved up cereal box coupons for a long time and were finally able to buy the shirt. Except it didn't arrive for a long time. We waited for over a year! Finally, it arrived and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit and how comfortable it is. Boy, those tailors in the future (or will they be called textile engineers?) really know how to make a uniform.

Notice the color. We had a choice of blue, gold or red. I almost picked red because my wife says I look good in that color. Actually, my sweet wife often tells me I look good in many colors. As you can see from this picture, her vision is shaded by her love for me.

Anyway, back to the story. I didn't pick red because it's a bad luck color for the Star Trek characters who wore it. Here's a little article about it but you can get more information here and here. I don't believe in luck but I don't want to be associated with those expendable characters. That's all. And besides, I'm not planning on beaming down to any dangerous planets.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It's the white hair, it goes with every color!

Daisy7777 said...

Yes that's right!!! It does look nice!!!
Daisy7777

dxs_1 said...

LOVE the shirt - and 'hmmm' about red. Never thought about it.