Thursday, June 03, 2010

Gifts from Steve Jobs

This is a quick addition to this earlier post where I mentioned that I had gone to take classes at NeXT Computer to learn about developing programs for their computers. Steve Jobs, of Apple Computer fame, had started NeXT and gave a speech at the beginning of the class. I almost met him. You can read about that in the other post.

We got a lot of books and other useful information as part of the class. We also got some extra stuff, like a pencil, and notepad and a T-shirt. Here's a picture of the pencil and notepad. I stopped using the pencil a long time ago so I wouldn't waste it. I still use the notepad from time to time but I'll probably stop using that, too. Who knows, maybe they'll be valuable some day. Well, probably not since I went and used them.

But the T-shirt is a bit of a mystery. I think it's still in our house and I may have given it to my son, Evan. Finding it in his room, though, could be a problem. If I do find the T-shirt, I'll take a picture of it and put that in another post. I may not be able to get a picture of it with Evan wearing it, though. I stopped wearing it because I gained a lot weight since I went to NeXT programming class. I think I gave it to Evan because he was about the same size I was when I went to the classes (about 20 years ago). Since then, he's grown, too. I don't think the NeXT T-shirt will fit him anymore, either. We'll see.

No comments: