Monday, June 28, 2010

I made it to work on my new scooter

I made the 12 mile trip from home to the office this morning on my new scooter. It only took about 5 more minutes than it would by car. That's mostly because I took back roads instead of the more direct four-lane highway. Technically, my scooter could go 55 MPH to keep up with traffic on the highway but I'm not experienced enough to do that. Even when I get more experience, I don't think I'll try that. It's just a bit too scary thinking about all of those cars passing me and wondering which of them are distracted by talking or texting on the their cell phone - among other distractions. On the back roads, I saw very few cars and none of them needed to pass me because I was able to travel fast enough to keep up.

We'll see how I do on the ride home tonight!

[Update - Rather than make a whole new post, I'll just update this one. Yes, I made it home yesterday (Monday, June 28) and now I've made it to work again successfully (Tuesday, June 29). The worry yesterday was that a storm was heading our way and was supposed to arrive about the time I would be heading home. But the storm was late and wasn't that bad anyway. The bottom line is, I love riding this scooter and I will be writing more about it in the future.]

2 comments:

Cindy said...

But it is not a Harley.

JED said...

Yes, but it gets better gas mileage.