Thursday, August 13, 2009

A couple of nice pictures

I was fortunate to get two really nice pictures recently. The first is a lovely wildflower. It seemed to be Queen Anne's Lace when I first saw it but the tinges of pink and purple amazed me. I've never seen anything like this. I had to wait a while until the bees and other insects left so I could get a picture of just the flower. The bees hung around so long that I was tempted to knock them off but I was worried that I might damage the flowers. So, I waited. The mosquitoes had a feast.

The second picture is of a type of dragonfly I've never seen before. When I first noticed it flying around, I thought I was imagining it. It seemed more like a ghost. I'd see it and then I'd lose it. It moved so quickly and blended in so well that I thought I'd never get a picture. Then it lit on this branch and stayed there for about 5 - 10 minutes. Perhaps it wanted its picture taken.

To see these better, just left-click on them. Then right-click on the resulting enlargement and save them. You're welcome to them, I claim no copyright on these two pictures.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm glad you said that!
Cindy