Monday, July 11, 2011

Now my pictures look better


After cleaning the lens on my camera, as I mentioned in my post The great lens cleaning, it's a pleasure to take pictures again. On my walk at lunch today, I saw this colorful orange mushroom (upper right picture) and this perfect little pink flower (lower left picture). It is nice to not have to retouch the pictures before posting them. I did crop them but I didn't have to change the brightness, contrast or the colors in any way.

Unfortunately, the mushroom looks like an ashtray with the stick laying on it like that. If I'd have noticed that before I'd taken the pictures, I'd have removed it. Another interesting note is that I didn't see the small white markings on the flower petals until I off-loaded the picture to my computer and looked at them full sized. Anyway, it's nice to be taking good (not great) pictures again.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

The little purple flower is so pretty, your colors look great. It's all about the creativity of the shot, nature is unique, not perfect but that's what makes it beautiful.
Smile today. :)

JED said...

I should have known I'd get the color wrong. Cindy and Emma are always correcting me about what is pink and what is purple but it just doesn't sink in.

Thanks for visiting and especially for the comment, Gloria.