Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Our Mr. Bean

This is a picture of my son, Evan, holding just a few of the green beans from our garden. Every year, when my wife buys the plants she wants in the garden, she lets the kids pick one of their own. I previously wrote about the time Evan picked a peanut plant. This year, Evan picked green beans and Emma picked eggplant. There is a way to go on the eggplant but Evan's green beans are ready. He's only holding a few them in this picture but there are many more than that. We already have enough for a few meals and the plant is still going strong. Maybe we'll get more than one plant next year.

I have another picture of him where you can see the beans better but I wanted to use this wider shot because it also shows the birthday cards from Evan's recent birthday. I didn't include a picture of him in that post. In case you don't know, the large picture on the wall is a view of our house in the snow (from New Year's Eve 2008). The title of this post is a play on the British comic Rowan Atkinson's character Mr. Bean. Those shows are a big favorite in our house and Evan does a great imitation of Mr. Bean - especially when he is talking to his stuffed companion, "Look, Teddy!"


Well, this post has been all over the place. I need to focus a bit better on my next one.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You're so clever with the Mr. Bean comment.