Thursday, July 28, 2011

Emma's birthday

Although I'm entering this on July 29, I'm labeling it as July 28 because that is when Emma celebrated her 9th birthday and when this picture of her cake was taken.

As usual, we all wonder how the time has flown since we adopted Emma. As she has matured, from a little girl who loved pink to a young lady who adores light blue, she never ceases to amaze me. She does jigsaw puzzles as quickly as I can lay the pieces out. We try to help her with them but she is so fast, and just sees where the pieces go, that she is often taking the piece from our hands that she handed us five seconds ago because, in that time, she's found where it goes. She loves learning new things and likes to figure out how things work. She loves to read and she loves to do crafts. She started a blog, Crafts Made By Me, that she updated for quite a while but now finds she doesn't have enough time to write in it. I hope we can change that  in the future but I don't want to take time away from the other things she loves to do.

As you can see in the picture, there are more than 9 regular candles on the cake (the purple ones). She figured that as long as the Number 9 candle was there, she could put as many candles as she wanted on the cake. She did enjoy blowing them out after all. For a little bit more about how we got Emma, you can go to this post.



2 comments:

Gloria said...

Happy Birthday Emma! She is certainly a very special girl, such talent with puzzles. The cake looks great, who cares how many candles there are when you are only 9? Now when she gets old like me...sigh.
Smile today. :)

Cindy said...

I always wanted the correct amount when I was young.