Tuesday, July 05, 2011

A mushroom scene

This is a picture I took on my lunch walk last Wednesday (June 29). It's a photo of three mushrooms emerging from the ground and pushing up through the debris left from when the tree muncher cleared out a fire break in the forest behind our office. It's surprising how strong the soft little mushrooms are when they are seeking the open air.

As I've mentioned before, I like mushrooms. Besides the taste of edible ones, I like the look of them, too. Their shape and colors are appealing. But I also like the "setting" of these three. This almost looks like an abstract Christmas Manger Scene to me. The pushed up wood chips seem to make a shelter for the three huddling mushrooms. I've uploaded the full picture which you can expand if you click on the picture. Unfortunately, I had to retouch this photo. I had to play around with the contrast and brightness in a photo editor to bring out the subtle colors. I haven't cleaned the lens of my camera for too long and all the pictures I've taken recently seem washed out. But that's been corrected and I'll be adding a new post about that soon.

No comments: