Monday, July 18, 2011

Where's the dragonfly?

Boy, it's fun to go for my lunch walks with my camera again! As I mentioned before, I let the lens go without cleaning it for too long and my pictures were coming out either washed out or cloudy. Why do I let things like this go? If I could answer that, I'd be a millionaire and my wife, my kids and my mother wouldn't be so frustrated. But I've been like this my whole life. If I could put something off for a later time, I would put something off for a later time. At least in my personal life. I'm pretty good at work. I keep up with work and even get a little ahead sometimes.

Anyway, back to my pictures. Here are two pictures from today's walk. The top one is a picture of a dragonfly where I snapped the photo quickly from pretty far away because I wasn't sure how long my subject would stay around (I just missed a picture of another dragonfly because it wouldn't sit still for more than a few seconds at a time). Can you find it in the picture? I guess it's not too hard but it does blend into the wood debris pretty well.

The bottom picture is one I was able to take my time to focus and frame correctly. It still blends into the background pretty well but it's more obvious here. This dragonfly eventually moved after a few minutes but by then I had to move on myself. Happy hunting you voracious predator. I like dragonflies for a number of reasons but the number one reason? They eat mosquitoes! I hope there will be a few less mosquitoes for my walk tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

As I itch my arm with more bites from my evening walks...I look at these photos and think what beautiful creatures dragonflies are...and get rid of more pesky mosquitoes for us! I don't usually see them with this coloring though, is that a regional thing I wonder?
Smile today. :)